Experienced in Print Design and Production, as well as UX/UI Design and Development using XAML.
Download as a PDF document or as a Word document.
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and XD)
- Visual Studio and Expression Blend (includes Sketchflow)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Previously worked with XAML and some C#, so have a strong understanding
ConstructConnect | User Interface Designer | July 2016 – Present
Previously On Center Software
- Develop layouts, prototypes in Adobe XD while working on and with existing design standards for a Web Platform
- Provide finalized layouts to developers in Zeplin from Adobe XD Layouts
- Research design standards for mobile and desktop interfaces to update the company’s applications
- Create sketches, wireframes and mockups for proposed updates to mobile and desktop applications
- Research competitor’s software and how it presents the same, or similar, information and make recommendations
- Collaborate with Product Manager, and Development Lead to make sure the final product meets expectations
- Learn about the current standards in the industry that directly affect customer expectations and workflows
- Map out workflows with flowcharts for mockup and prototype screens, and to document what was the final expected flow for the iteration
- Update iconography on existing applications
Infusion | Interactive Developer | May 2014 – March 2016
- Worked on various Proof of Concept Applications as part of an Agile team for client approval
- Created Styles and layouts based on design composites – WPF (XAML & C#), HTML, and CSS
- Created Resource Dictionaries in XAML for styles and templates
- Designed and created User Controls to be reused in other parts of the application.
- ExxonMobil (May 2014 – March 2015)
- Created XAML styles and templates in Resource Dictionaries for developers
- Worked with SME’s and team members to prototype updates to the interface based on feedback from users
- Approached SME’s to demonstrate workflow and business processes that would be addressed in the application
- This included watching how they use current applications to accomplish tasks and visualize data
- Suggested screen layouts, charts, and data trees to help users understand the data that is required for each task
- Researched similar applications, commercial and in-house, to see what solutions could be recommended
- Documented information on processes and data that would be used to create use cases to understand the flow
- Sketched rough layouts with use cases to make sure expectations on scope and functionality were aligned between development and SMEs
- Supported designer and the team’s lead usability expert for testing after updates based on feedback
Sogeti | Front End Design and Development | October 2010 – May 2014
- Transocean (April 2011 – May 2014)
- Responsible for layout and design of user interface for Silverlight Web Application
- Researched what the target user was already comfortable with, including analog displays on the offshore rig
- Suggested UI designs based on user’s current workflow and the readouts they expressed they were more comfortable with (the analog style of dials.)
- Displayed rig data using Telerik gauges and graphs styled to resemble their analog counterparts
- Wrote up use cases, and created sketches of proposed controls for clarification of expected functionality and establish scope
- Created a prototype in Sketchflow for stakeholders to review suggested page layouts and user control designs
- Documented layouts and user controls, including expected flows, functionality and values displayed
- Created the layouts using Blend and Visual Studio
- Used Blend to create custom vector artwork used in the gauge styles
- XAML styles and templates were cleaned up and merged into Resource Dictionaries using Visual Studio
- Allowed for the developers to reuse styles in other areas of the application to maintain consistency
- CGX (October 2010 – February 2011)
- Preflight images and files for fonts, colors and image resolution
- Updated existing products on PageFlex system
Neuma Doors | Graphic Designer | October 2007 – October 2010
- Maintain corporate image and branding in all of the organization’s promotional materials.
- Update design and content of company collateral and usability by documenting recommendations from customers and personnel.
- Included researching the company’s patents and how to illustrate what made the product different from competitors
- Would use engineering drawings to create illustrative diagrams to show design features
- Keep up to date on any new government or local incentives to builders and homeowners, such as tax rebates
- Maintain a listing of dealers and distributors using Excel to sort as needed for targeted mailings, promotions and sales reports.
- Prioritize and monitor the progress of current projects with regular reports to management.
- Page layout, design and production of promotional materials: Annual Catalog, Brochures, Promotional Flyers, Advertisements. Includes preparing images and artwork for online applications.
- Created a branded layout for the company’s blog.
- Prepare photos and other images for publications, either by enhancing the image or creating a new image in Photoshop
- Creating original product illustrations based on technical drawings
- Pre-flighting and pre-press responsibilities of print documents and advertisements
- Created PDF files for the sales team: informational materials, promotional items and interactive PDF forms.
- Maintain electronic files, both graphic and data.
- Work with vendors to make sure all artwork is created to their requirements so the project is not delayed.
- MBA – Marketing | November 2009
University of Phoenix
- Bachelor’s of Business/eBusiness | April 2005
University of Phoenix